Motivation is the key to success
Learning a new language is not an easy task. You might have the time and the resources, but without motivation, you’re going to struggle to stay focused. We’ve put together our most fascinating TedTalks to keep you engaged, and teach you how to stay motivated learning a language.
For those of you who don’t know, TedTalks are mini-presentations and speeches given by industry experts. And let’s face it, they’re pretty good! The guest speakers explain their specialised topic for 10-15 minutes, and there is always a lesson to learn.
There are TedTalks about everything, from understanding schizophrenia to climate change, to economics. And when it comes to the subject of motivation, the speeches are… motivating!
- ‘Why We Struggle Learning Languages’ – Gabriel Wyner
2. ‘How To Learn Any Language Easily’ – Matthew Youlden
3. ‘Learning A Language? Speak It Like You’re Playing a Video Game’ – Marianna Pascal
4. ‘How Language Shape The Way We Think’ – Lera Boroditsky
5. ‘5 Techniques To Speak Any Language Easily’ – Sid Efromovich
6. ‘How To Speak Like A Native Speaker’ – Marc Green
7. ‘The Benefits Of A Bilingual Brain’ – Mia Nacamulli
So now that you know how to stay motivated learning a language, what will you choose to study next? Check out our other arts and humanities subject guides.
We hope you found these videos as interesting and motivational as we did.